Autumn in Full Throttle
Here are some signs that are screaming “AUTUMN” in my face:
- Leaves covering the sidewalks and lawns
- Starbucks pumpkin spice latté & caramel apple spice cravings
- No more salad cravings 😦
- No more Indian summers. I am not sure how I feel about that.
- A growing squash section at Sobey’s
- Chicken pot pie: I made it tonight but it was a failure. The pie shell was broken and contents did not hold together properly…it tasted alright but not my usual standard. :
And tonight’s special: Tea-poached pears.
- 4 Bosc pears, peeled, cored, and halved – I picked pretty soft brown ones because I like my poached pears s-o-f-t.
- 8 cups of water boiling in a huge pot
- 4 tea bags – I steeped 3 Red Rose bags and 1 Chai tea bag over simmering water.
- 2 cups of sugar – I dissolved it in after 5 minutes of tea-steeping (after removing the tea bags).
- I simmered the pears until they were soft to my liking.
I have had two halves and so far there is no allergic reaction! 😀 I hope you are having a lovely autumn evening.